The ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4 motherboard deploys robust power delivery and cooling to unleash the full force of 12th Gen Intel® Core™ processors, all orchestrated by ASUS-exclusive intelligent controls that deliver advanced user experiences. Meanwhile, onboard WiFi 6 and ample PCIe® 4.0 M2 slots bring the speed that you need, and DIY-friendly innovations help simplify the PC building process. To top it all off, Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4 dazzles with customizable RGB lighting and a refined brushed-metal finish.
ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4 provides up-rated power delivery and optimized cooling to push any gaming build to its limits. Intelligent controls enable easy management of overclocking, cooling and networking settings, while Two-Way AI Noise Cancelation ensures crystal-clear in-game communication. ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4 is armed with all the essentials required to create a gaming PC with top-tier performance.
Digital power control and an array of power stages provide the muscle needed to control the latest Intel CPUs.
Teamed Power Stages
16+1 power stages combine high-side and low-side MOSFETS and drivers into a single package, delivering power and efficiency that the latest Intel processors can take full advantage of.
Alloy Chokes and Durable Capacitors
High-end chokes and durable capacitors are engineered to resist extreme temperatures, enabling performance that exceeds industry standards.
8+8 ProCool II Power Connector
ASUS ProCool II connectors are built to tight specifications to ensure full contact with power supply cable wiring. A metal sheath improves heat dissipation, and low electrical impedance helps prevent hotspots and bolsters reliability.
Digi+ Power Control
The Digi+ voltage-regulator module (VRM) is one of the finest in the industry, ensuring ultra-smooth and clean power delivery to the CPU.
A multi-layered printed circuit board design quickly dissipates heat around the voltage regulators to improve overall system stability and provide the CPU with more overclocking headroom.
Integrated I/O Cover & VRM Heatsinks
Two thick heatsinks cool the VRMs and protect the rear I/O panel that is bonded to a pre-mounted metal I/O shield. This structure provides ample surface area and mass to deliver a river of power to high-performance 12th Gen Intel processors.
Specially engineered thermal pads efficiently transfer heat from the inductor and phase array to the heatsink.
Three M.2 Heatsinks
Multiple M.2 heatsinks help maintain onboard M.2 NVME SSDs at optimal temperatures for consistent performance and reliability.
An integrated M.2 backplate helps ensure that high-performance drives deliver peak performance, even when airflow is restricted.
Cooler By Design
ROG Strix Z690 motherboards feature comprehensive cooling options that are configurable via the Fan Xpert 4 tool in Armoury Crate or within the UEFI BIOS.
- CPU Fan Header - A dedicated pair of PWM/DC fan headers for CPU coolers.
- AIO Pump Fan Header - A dedicated PWM/DC header for self-contained water-cooling setups.
- M.2 Heatsink - Keeps the M.2 SSD at the optimum operating temperature for consistent performance and reliability.
- M.2 Backplate - Provides additional mass to deal with the thermal load of high-performance M.2 drives.
- 4-Pin PWM/DC Fan Header - Each header supports auto-detection of PWM or DC fans.
* Support ASUS HYDRANODE
TWO-WAY AI NOISE CANCELATION
This powerful ASUS-exclusive utility leverages a massive deep-learning database to reduce background noise from the microphone* and incoming audio while preserving voices. Distracting keyboard clatter, mouse clicks and other ambient noises are removed so you can hear and be heard with perfect clarity while gaming or during calls.
*A splitter cable is necessary when using a 3.5 mm headset.
ROG AI Overclocking
ROG AI Overclocking is an intelligent utility that helps you get the most out of your build by automatically profiling your CPU and cooling system to predict optimal voltage and frequency settings.
Accessible via the AI Suite software in Windows or directly through the UEFI, the intuitive AI Overclocking user interface enables users of all levels. A range of customizable settings are available for seasoned overclockers, and an auto-tuning option is available for beginners.
AI Overclocking at a Glance
- Designed by Experts - At the heart of AI Overclocking is a proprietary algorithm developed by ROG R&D engineers who worked with world-renowned overclockers to create a tool for users of all levels.
- Predictive Edge - An algorithm analyzes your CPU and cooling system, then it leverages that data to intelligently predict optimal settings. Custom-tailored frequencies and voltages are automatically applied to perfect the clock-speed optimization process.
- Real-Time Adjustments - Workload, system temperature, fan speed and power draw are automatically monitored by the software, and the information is used to make real-time adjustments to ensure ongoing optimal performance.
AI OVERCLOCKING IN AI SUITE
Onboard intelligence lets you automate overclocking with full, flexible control via 5-Way Optimization within AI Suite (in Windows).
AI OVERCLOCKING GUIDE
The AI Overclocking Guide provides detailed information and instructions about how to tune your system manually. It can be accessed by hitting the F11 hotkey.
CORE GROUP LOADING
For the high-core-count processors in the Z690 series, AI Overclocking software lists data according to core group. This gives you adaptive control based on the status of core groups, and it provides target frequencies and voltages needed for manual tuning.
ASUS AI Cooling technology automatically manages and controls motherboard-connected fans to ensure optimal settings based on current system load and temperature.
Self-Adaptive Fan Tuning
- CPU temperature detection - AI Cooling detects CPU temperatures and uses a proprietary algorithm to calculate the lowest fan speed required to effectively cool the system and keep fan noise down.
- Automated optimization - Under stable system loads, the software then automatically lowers fan* speed to the optimal setting, decreasing fan noise without compromising performance.
*Fans need to be connected to the following headers for AI Cooling control: CPU_FAN / CPU_OPT / CHA_FAN / M.2_FAN / H_AMP / RAD_FAN
Ongoing monitoring - AI Cooling continues to monitor the system and adjust fan speed based on current load.
- One-Click Activation - AI Cooling can easily be activated via the Fan Xpert 4 dashboard in ASUS AI Suite 3. Once activated, it will override all manual controls.
- Fan Speed References - For those who prefer manual control, AI Cooling provides reference points on a graph that details fan speed in relation to temperature, providing a guide for fan settings.
The proprietary ROG GameFirst VI utility is designed to help all users — beginners, experts, and everyone in between — optimize network settings to ensure smooth online gameplay. New to this generation, GameFirst VI features AI-enhanced identification and boost technologies to ensure faster and smarter network optimization.
How it Works
- Identification - GameFirst VI analyzes usage patterns and the digital signatures of your applications and compares them to a database of over 200,000 apps.
- Boost - GameFirst VI intelligently switches application priority and adjusts bandwidth, depending on the situation. When gaming, it accelerates and prioritizes game packets to give you supersmooth online gameplay ? even when you're streaming high-quality video or transferring large files.
- Visualization - An intuitive graph provides an overview of real-time network status. Simply click on the tab to view the current bandwidth usage of each application, geolocation status of each network connection, or an analysis of the WiFi channels.
What it Does
- Network Insight - WIFI Quick Assist analyzes network information and generates a graph to give you a clear picture of current network status. In addition, when paired with an ROG router, you can scan your WiFi network to find the best channel and use Game Boost to prioritize gaming devices and packets.
- Gaming First Mode - Gaming First mode leverages a massive application database and an analysis of your frequently used apps to prioritize gaming network traffic. This reduces jitter and decreases ping to give you lag-free online gaming.
- Adaptive Intelligence - GameFirst VI notes what you're currently doing and adjusts bandwidth accordingly to ensure smooth online experiences, even when multitasking.
ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4 includes wickedly fast connectivity for supersmooth online experiences and ultrafast data transfers. On the audio side, superior performance gives you a competitive edge and an immersive experience in online gaming, allowing you to pick up on the smallest sound cues to home in on your opponents.
Storage & Memory
With proprietary memory trace layout tweaks that improve signal integrity and mitigate noise, OptiMem III allows memory kits to run at lower latencies, reduced voltages, and operate at higher frequencies. Stack ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4 with your favorite modules and maximize the throughput of the 12th Gen Intel Core Alder Lake processor for applications that demand massive bandwidth.
With four strategically placed M.2 slots, ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4 takes full advantage of CPU and chipset bandwidth to usher in support for dizzyingly quick PCIe® Gen 4.0 SSDs, lightning-fast Intel NVM Express® RAID, and high-capacity drives that blaze past traditional SATA-based storage.
Onboard WiFi 6 (802.11ax) supports ultrafast wireless-networking speeds, improved capacity and better performance in dense wireless environments, providing exceptional online gaming experiences. Pair your motherboard with ASUS WiFi 6 routers to fully experience the networking potential of WiFi 6.
Intel 2.5 Gb Ethernet
Onboard 2.5 Gb Ethernet gives your wired connection a boost, with up to a 2.5X improvement over standard Ethernet connections for faster file transfers, smoother lag-free gaming and high-res video streaming.
ROG SupremeFX is a unique blend of hardware and software that provides superior audio. In ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4, SupremeFX features the ALC4080 codec to increase playback resolution from 192 kHz to 384 kHz across all channels. The front-panel output is streamed through a highly integrated Savitech amplifier that’s capable of driving of a wide variety of gaming headsets and high-fidelity headphones.
- Audio Chip Shield - A specially crafted metal cover protects against ambient electromagnetic interference, preserving the integrity of audio signals to ensure the best sound quality.
- Audio Path Isolation - Specially designed circuit separation filters out electromagnetic interference from the motherboard and anything directly attached to it.
- Savitech SV3H712 Amplifier - The integrated Savitech amplifier greatly improves THD+N performance from 72 to 83 dB, cleaning up distortion and noise for a clean, pristine sound.
- Premium Audio Capacitors - High-quality components produce a warmer, more natural sound with exceptional clarity and fidelity.
Play Your Own Style
Pair ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4 with other products from the diverse ROG ecosystem to create a fully customized gaming setup that reflects your personal style.
Undeniably ROG Strix
A specially illuminated acrylic display on the I/O cover gives the illusion that the circuit board is visible beneath an RGB ROG logo. Meanwhile, touches of brushed metal throughout the motherboard, plus the stitched fabric of the ROG Strix Cable organizer, deliver a variety of carefully crafted surface textures. Last but not least, a special lighting pattern built into the motherboard finishes off a colorful tour of the ROG worldview.
OUTSHINE THE COMPETITION
ROG Strix motherboards deliver sterling performance and superior aesthetics to outshine the competition. They also feature built-in ASUS Aura technology that enables full RGB lighting control and a variety of presets for embedded RGB LEDs and third-party lighting strips that can connect to onboard RGB headers. In addition, all lighting can be easily synced with other Aura-compatible hardware.
PCIe® Slot Q-Release
A physical button located on the chipset heatsink unlocks the nearby PCIe slot’s security latch with one tap, greatly simplifying the process of detaching a PCIe card from the motherboard when it’s time to upgrade to a new GPU or other compatible device.
The innovative Q-Latch makes it easy to install or remove an M.2 SSD without the need for specific tools. The design employs a simple locking mechanism to secure the drive and neatly eliminate traditional screws.
Clr CMOS Button
A quick press of the Clr CMOS button helps reset BIOS settings. It can also be used to reboot the PC if incorrect BIOS settings have been selected.
BIOS FlashBack™ is the simplest and safest way to update BIOS. Simply drop the (UEFI) BIOS file onto a FAT32-formatted USB stick, and plug it into the USB BIOS FlashBack port and press the button. Updates can even be performed without having memory or a CPU installed.
ROG STRIX CABLE ORGANIZER
This cable management feature enhances the flexibility of PC building. And with its Velcro interior, users can keep reusing the organizer if they need to make changes later on.
ROG Strix motherboards undergo an extensive certification program to ensure compatibility with the widest range of components and devices. Our Qualified Vendor List (QVL) provides a reference for identifying guaranteed-compatible components and memory.
ASUS AIO coolers are also compatible with a wide variety of CPUs, up to and including 12th Gen Intel processors, giving you ultimate flexibility to cool the CPU that fits your needs.
The ROG Strix Ecosystem Awaits
Level up your game with ROG Strix. Enjoy complementary aesthetics, control and compatibility across AIO coolers, cases, peripherals, and much more. ROG offers more choices than any other brand.
ROG Gives You More
ROG-exclusive software utilities deliver intuitive audio tuning and gaming enhancements so you can configure your gaming build the way you want. To further aid system setup and performance tuning, the highly acclaimed AIDA64 and MemTest86 utilities have also been added to the mix.
The renowned ROG UEFI (BIOS) provides everything you need to configure, tweak, and tune your rig. It offers intelligently simplified options for newcomers to PC DIY, as well as more comprehensive features for seasoned veterans.
For added convenience, MemTest86 has been pre-installed into ROG UEFI (BIOS) Run the test to pinpoint memory issues with just one click, without the need for any USB stick or going into the OS. The memory report will also be stored in the BIOS archives for reference.
When you're ready for a deeper dive into the configuration of your system, delve into the UEFI's Advanced mode and take complete control. Each section is intuitively organized, and a built-in search feature makes it easy to find the options you need. Advanced functions are coded with the intelligence to adapt to your settings, and when you're ready to take charge, parameters have the granularity to dial in performance just the way you want.
Designed to simplify setup, EZ mode presents vital settings and stats on a single page. With guided wizards, drag-and-drop functionality, and one-click application of important settings, your rig will be up and running in no time.
Quickly find tuning options and add preferred tools to the list.
EZ Flash 3
Flash the latest BIOS from within the BIOS.
Check your storage device Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology logs to gauge reliability and identify potential failures.
Restore your SSDs and NVMe storage to factory settings.
Last Modified Log
Track the last change and save preferred profiles to a USB drive.
SATA Port Renaming
Rename SATA ports for easy identification.
Port configuration settings between different BIOS versions or share them with friends.
Configure the fan's operating speed manually or use pre-configured fan profiles to quickly select Standard, Silent, Turbo or Full Speed modes. By default, system fans will automatically switch to full speed if the temperature reaches 75°C.
The renowned ROG UEFI (BIOS) provides everything you need to configure, tweak, and tune your rig. It offers intelligently simplified options for newcomers to PC DIY, as well as more comprehensive features for seasoned veterans.
- TPU INSIGHT - The TurboV Processing Unit (TPU) provides AI Suite 3 with the intelligence needed to automatically fine-tune voltages, monitor system stats, and adjust overclocking settings.
- EPU Guidance - With the Energy Processing Unit (EPU), you’ll enjoy system-wide power savings. The EPU automatically optimizes power consumption and maximizes savings with Away mode.
- FAN XPERT 4 - Fan Expert 4 provides comprehensive control over fans, water pumps and all-in-one (AIO) coolers. Control is also possible via the award-winning ROG UEFI. Whether you're cooling with air or water, Auto-Tuning mode intelligently configures all parameters with a single click. There's also an Extreme Quiet mode, which reduces all fan speeds to below the default minimum to keep your system whisper-quiet when performing light tasks.
- Digi+ Power Controls - The Digi+ voltage-regulator module (VRM) delivers real-time control over voltage droop, allowing you to switch frequency and power-efficiency settings so you can fine-tune CPU voltage regulation for ultimate stability and performance.
- Turbo App - Define CPU overclocking, apply fan profiles, prioritize network data, optimize audio settings at app level, and more ? all with this intuitive tool.
Sonic Studio III
ROG Sonic Studio supports HRTF-based (head-related transfer function*) virtual surround for VR headsets, casting an immersive aural landscape that draws you deeper into the action. The intuitive Sonic Studio interface also offers a range of EQ options and one-click presets, allowing you to tailor acoustics to suit personal preferences or the characteristics of your headset.
*A head-related transfer function is an audio algorithm derived from sound data recorded through a dummy head. Test tones are played from a spherical grid around the dummy head to obtain subtle changes in sounds that come from different directions. The results are combined into an algorithm that allows Sonic Studio's virtual surround to process audio that's true to life.
Sonic Studio Link - The new Sonic Studio Link allows you to apply effects on all playback devices. Simply press the Sonic Studio Link button to enjoy the effect on any connected device.
App-Specific Profiles - Apply customized audio settings to various applications, so that each is perfectly tuned to the way you want to listen.
Sonic Studio Virtual Mixer - Combine audio output from selected apps with audio from the microphone input and stream the compiled mix.
DTS® Sound Unbound™
ROG Strix Z690 motherboards are pre-loaded with the DTS® Sound Unbound™ app that envelops you in audio as never before, conjuring whole new levels of immersion for extraordinary gaming and entertainment experiences. By leveraging Windows Sonic spatial technology, DTS Sound Unbound delivers audio in a virtual 3D space — putting you right in the middle of the soundscape, where you can sense the location and direction of every gunshot, footstep or other sound in your virtual environment.* DTS Sound Unbound requires in-game support. Check with game developers for supported titles.?
- Stereo Sound - Discrete left and right audio channels enable headphone or two-speaker setup.
- Surround Sound - Audio is split and served over multiple speaker channels – e.g., 5.1 or 7.1 – to create an enveloping experience on a single, logical plane.?
- Spatial Sound - A virtual audio ‘sphere’ effect creates astonishing 360° immersion – with you at the center, where sounds seem to travel in all directions.
ROG Strix Z690 motherboards include a 60-day AIDA64 Extreme subscription. This industry-leading system information tool provides detailed information about installed hardware and software, and it also provides benchmarks for measuring performance of the entire system or individual components. AIDA64 Extreme includes a monitoring and diagnostics feature to detect and prevent hardware issues. All vital system sensors can be tracked in real time, allowing voltage readings, fan speeds, and temperature information to be displayed on the desktop or sent to dedicated displays or to the OLED panels of ROG AIO liquid coolers*.
*Support available for ROG Ryujin II and later models.
Armoury Crate is a software utility designed to give you centralized control of supported gaming products, making it easy to tune the look and feel of your system. From a single intuitive interface, Armoury Crate helps you customize RGB lighting and effects for compatible devices and synchronize them with Aura Sync to create a unified lighting scheme across your system. In addition, Armoury Crate’s Fan Xpert4 tool provides comprehensive control over fans, water pumps and all-in-one (AIO) coolers.
You can also use Armoury Crate to download drivers, software and user manuals, register products, and tap into a special news feed that connects you to the global ASUS gaming community.
*Windows 10 required for full Aura Sync functionality within Armoury Crate. For Windows 8 and earlier versions, standalone Aura Sync software is available for free download from the product support site.
|CPU Socket||Socket 1700|
|Installed Processors (Max)||0 (1)|
|Supported Processor Manufacturer||Intel|
|Supported Processors||12th Gen Intel Core Processors|
Rear Panel I/O Ports
|USB Ports||1 x USB-C 3.2
3 x USB 3.1
4 x USB 3.0
2 x USB 2.0
|DisplayPorts||1 x DisplayPort 1.4|
|HDMI Port||1 x HDMI 2.1|
|RJ-45 Ports||1 x RJ-45|
|Audio Line In Ports||1 x 3.5mm Jack|
|Audio Line Out Ports||3 x 3.5mm Jacks
1 x USB-C Audio
|Microphone In Port||1 x 3.5mm Jack|
|Antenna Connector(s)||2 x Antenna|
Internal I/O Connectors
|SATA Connectors||6 x SATA III|
|USB Connectors||1 x USB-C 3.2 header (supports 1 port)
1 x USB 3.0 header (supports 2 ports)
2 x USB 2.0 headers (supports 4 ports)
|Front Panel Connectors||1 x Front Panel
1 x Front Audio
|Cooling Fan Support||1 x CPU fan header
1 x CPU_OPT fan header
1 x AIO Pump header
5 x Chassis fan headers
|S/PDIF Connectors||1 x S/PDIF Out|
|Thunderbolt Port(s)||1 x Thunderbolt header|
|Chassis Intrusion Connector||1 x Chassis Intrusion header|
|TPM Header||1 x SPI TPM header|
|Power Connector Port||1 x 24-pin ATX
2 x 8-pin EPS
|Other Connectors||2 x M.2 slots, Key M, Type 2242/2260/2280/22110 (PCIe Gen4)
1 x M.2 slot, Key M, Type 2242/2260/2280 (PCIe Gen4)
1 x M.2 slot, Key M, Type 2242/2260/2280 (PCIe Gen4 or SATA)
3 x 3-pin ARGB LED headers
1 x 4-pin RGB LED header
1 x Thermal Sensor header
|Memory Bus Speed||Up to 5333 MHz (OC)|
|Maximum RAM||128 GB|
|Memory Slot||4 x DIMM|
|RAID Format||RAID 0, 1, 5, 10|
|Number of PCI Express Slots||1 x PCI Express 5.0 x16 slot
1 x PCI Express 3.0 x16 slot (@ x4)
1 x PCI Express 3.0 x1 slot
|Integrated Graphics Supported||Yes|
|Network Speeds Supported||Up to 2.5 Gbps|
|Wireless LAN||Yes (Wi-Fi 6)|
|Wireless Network Speed||Up to 2.4 Gbps|
|Operating Systems Supported||Microsoft Windows 11 / 10 64-bit|
|BIOS||256 Mb Flash ROM, UEFI AMI BIOS|
|Software Included (may be trial or restricted)||Yes|
|Form Factor||ATX Motherboard|
|In The Box||ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A GAMING WIFI D4 Motherboard
4 x SATA 6Gb/s cables
1 x ASUS Wi-Fi moving antennas
1 x Cable ties pack
1 x M.2 Rubber Package(s)
1 x M.2 Q-Latch package(s)
1 x ROG key chain
1 x ROG Strix stickers
1 x ROG Strix thank you card
1 x Support DVD
1 x User guide
|Motherboard Model||ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WIFI D4|
|WiFi Speed||2400 Mbps|
|USB 3.1 Support||Yes|
|Internal USB3.0 Header||Yes|
|On-board RGB Control||ASUS Aura Sync|
|Memory Speed||5333 MHz|
|RGB Header Type||3-Pin ARGB|
|On-board Audio Type||7.1|
|Number of SATA Ports||6 port(s)|
|Number of USB Ports||10 port(s)|
|SATA III Support||Yes|
|USB 3.0 Support||Yes|
|Multi GPU Support||No|
|Motherboard Form Factor||ATX|
|Motherboard Power Connectors||8 + 8-Pin|
|Motherboard Chipset||Intel Z690|
|Alternative Part Number||ROG STRIX Z690-A GAMING WIFI D4|
What happens after I've placed an order?
Once you place an order with us you'll receive an email confirmation listing all your items ordered. You should keep this email for future reference as it also acts as your invoice. We then start to process your order; the order is transmitted to our paperless production facility, built, checked for quality, handed to our installation engineers who then proceed with setup of any software you've ordered, then run through our burn-in and stability tests, checked once more for quality and finally it's handed to our dispatch department who will pack the order and book it in for delivery. Depending on how busy we are this entire process takes around 3-5 working days.
What delivery options are available?
Standard weekday deliveries to UK mainland addresses are free of charge
FREE UK Delivery - UPS/DPD Tracked
The majority of orders are sent by DPD courier (www.dpd.co.uk) who provide a fully trackable service. For orders being sent to UK mainland addresses you'll also benefit from DPD's Predict service - assuming you provide us with a valid email address and mobile phone number you'll receive email and SMS notifications from DPD in the morning before delivery with a predicted one hour delivery slot. If this slot turns out to be inconvenient you can re-arrange the delivery for another day, just by replying to the email or text message.
PEACE OF MIND 3 YEAR WARRANTY
When purchasing our computer you will get a 3 Years Warranty as standard, you have the peace of mind in knowing that there will be no cost involved should a problem occur with your hardware - you can simply box up the computer in its original packaging and our courier will call round on a working day convenient to you to collect the computer. We will then repair your computer and return it to you free of any carriage charges. (Software not including e.g. Windows 10 Operating System etc)
- WARRANTY EXCLUSIONS
- Operating Systems including third party software
- Accidental Damage.
- General wear and tear, misuse, neglect or damage by the buyer.
- Incorrectly installed goods.
- Overheating due to excessive dirt/dust build up.
- Consumables (Ink Cartridges, batteries, etc).
- Data Recovery & Backing up of data, files and programmes.
- Remedy of incorrectly installed/incompatible software which is not provided
- Remedy of viruses.
- Compatibility of 3rd party software/hardware.
NOTICE: If we find the computer to be damaged by the software and not the hardware, we still will fix this for you (ALL DATA WILL BE LOST), but this will involve a labour charge of £59.99 plus the delivery charge of £14.99. But of course we will confirm this with you in advance.